Thursday, January 24, 2013

Welcome Luke Ronald Kline

Luke Ronald Kline was born at 2:41 AM on December 27th.  He weighed 8 lbs 10 ozs and was 21 inches...a whole pound and 3 ounces bigger than his sister!!!  At 37 weeks, I was already 3 cm dilated and was 4 cm at 38 weeks so I thought my labor was going to come earlier than it actually did.  That said, he was way more anticipated than Paige was...I felt like I was waiting as well as many, many other family members forever for him to arrive.  My contractions started coming on around 9:45 PM on the 26th, so we called the hospital at 11 and they told us to come on in.  Vickie and Russ were here, so they rode with us to the hospital.  Nathan called our next store neighbor to come over and stay with Paige (who was in bed of course).  What would you do without awesome neighbors?!?!  After all that was settled, we made it to the hospital around midnight.  In the car, my contractions were about 3 minutes apart, needless to say, Nathan drove VERY VERY fast to the hospital.  They checked me and told me that I was already 7 cm, so of course they kept me :)  By the time I was checked into my room, it was 12:30 AM and I got my epidural around 1 (no, I wasn't too far to have that drug!)  He was born and hour and a half later.  Unfortunately, since I went into labor in the middle of the night, my OB wasn't able to deliver Luke, but Dr. Chang was the on call doctor and he was great!  My parents and Nathan's parents were all able to be there when he was born...what a blessing.

37 weeks pregnant

Just after I got my epidural...much happier!

Right after Nathan cut the cord

On the scale...8 10

First picture with Mommy and Daddy

Getting to hold my precious boy for the first time

Gammy and Grandpa with Luke

Nana and Papa with Luke

Paige came the next morning...it brought tears to my eyes

Meeting her baby brother for the first time

Uncle Danny...ready for this in 6 months?!?!

Precious face

In awe of her little brother

First family picture

Funny story that only my mom and Vickie can explain...let's just say they used the wrong baby wipes on Luke (just look at the red sticker on the container)

Daddy and son cuddling

Toni and Andrew flew out on the 28th and got to see us in the hospital...very special!

Nathan with his brother

Paige playing with Papa

Nathan got Paige and Luke little Air Jordan shoes to bring to the hospital.  She opened her's...

...and then opened her brothers

And we also bought her a Belle princess dress from Luke 

Take home outfit with his new shoes

Cuddles

Hanging out in the hospital

Love this picture

All ready to go home on a family of 4 now

No comments: